So today I decided to make a lightweight theme for this website. It’s based upon the underscores.me starter theme in order to make things easier for me. Although it’s pretty barebones at the moment, I’ll be making it look a bit snazzier over time. For instance, I want to put the site sidebar in a hamburger menu when on mobile devices and other smaller screens. I was going to give it a style similar to Google’s Material Design, then I realised something like that would be absolutely pointless for a blog, so I decided that instead it would just be a reasonably lightweight theme. Also the blog post on setting up a print server on a Pi is definitely coming soon probably never happening.
It’s been over a year since my last post – mainly due to the stress of AS levels, and then settling in to a new college. I have at least kept the website up though! I’m going to start posting more stuff on here – now I’m doing a ICT and Business course at college, there’s some small projects I’m making in the ICT part of my course as part of my coursework that I may put up here. There are, of course, be other projects unrelated to my coursework – I may post about them here! One such project with my Raspberry Pi is that I made a print server with it that allows printing across the network with a samba server for windows devices and cups printing for all other devices, which I will post about in the next week or so. I’m also working on numerous improvements to Rymate Notes which may or may not surface.
This is the largest release of my app ever, and thus I’m actually bothering to blog about it. This release adds a lot of new features, such as formatting notes and a quick edit feature, for when you spot that misspelling in a long note! Also in this release, I removed support for older devices still on Gingerbread. This was mainly to make development of the app easier, as supporting legacy devices such as gingerbread wasn’t worth the extra effort. DOWNLOAD HERE